Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Last Week in Stone Oak

Hi Everyone!!!

I got my transfer news this morning and I will be headed to a new area
in San Antonio ( Leon Valley).  My new companion will be Sister
Atkins. I have grown to love this area so much.  I will definitively
miss the people who I have been able to get to know here. I loved
being Sister Martin's companion so much. She taught me so much and I
am so grateful for the opportunity to be her companion this past
transfer. I don't really know how to adequately put into words how
much I love this area.  I know that Sister Martin and her new
companion will continue to do wonders in this area.

This past week was really busy. Wednesday was probably my busiest day
in the mission so far. We were biking all over our area in order to
teach four different lessons. One of those lessons was with "Joe". We
were not able to meet with him last week because he got a job.  So, we
were a little concerned about our lesson with him this week. We were
going to have to tell him some news and we didn't want him to get
discouraged or anything.  We prayed and discussed a lot leading up to
that lesson in order to discern the best way that we could teach him.
When we met with him, he addressed our concern first without us
bringing it up.  It was such a relief and a blessing. I know that we
were blessed because of our diligence and effort.

I look forward to updating y'all about my new area next
This week I would like to include Luke 9:24 and our prophet, Thomas S.
Monson's, thoughts on that scripture:

"For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will
lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it".
"I believe the Savior is telling us that unless we lose ourselves in
service to others, there is little purpose to our own lives. Those who
live only for themselves eventually shrivel up and figuratively lose
their lives, while those who lose themselves in service to others grow
and flourish--and in effect save their lives".

It continues to be a complete joy to serve here in Texas.

Have a great week!
Sister Olsen

Picture1: our district this transfer
Picture2: it rained again this week
Picture3: double rainbow:)
Picture4: a nice member gave Sister Martin and I dresses
picture 5: me and Sister Martin with sister Scott and Bell ( they
always take us grocery shopping on Mondays)








No comments:

Post a Comment