Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Biking with Butterflies... First week in Leon Valley Area

Hi everyone!

On Tuesday I met my new companion, Sister Atkins, and moved into my
new area here in the Leon Valley area of San Antonio. Sister Atkins is
great. She has been out 6 weeks longer than I have, so we are both
still pretty new. She is from a small town in Colorado. Our area is
right by the medical school and it is pretty urban. Most of the people
that come to church are young couples who are there for the medical
school.

This area used to have a car, but they are trying to reduce the amount
of cars in the mission so they moved a car to another area. So I
continue to bike! This week there has been tons of butterflies flying
around. They all seemed to come out this week. It makes biking a
little more adventurous.

We don't have anyone that we are consistently teaching here so we have
been doing a lot of service. We helped out at a diaper bank where we
packaged diapers that are given out to families. We also always offer
to help people as we are biking around and talking to people. One day
we saw a woman mowing the lawn. Sister Atkins asked if she could mow
the lawn and she actually said yes. So Sister Atkins jumped off her
bike and started mowing the lawn right there in her skirt and
everything thing. While she was mowing the thick grass, I talked to
the woman about the church.

This week we met a man at an apartment complex. He had a lot of
questions about God and faith. We were able to explain that the Book
of Mormon could answer a lot of his questions. We gave him a copy and
some chapters to read. Hopefully we will be able to follow up with him
soon. We were able leave him with Ether 12:27 "And if men come unto me
I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that
they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble
themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and
have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto
them"

Have a great week!
Sister Olsen


No comments:

Post a Comment