Wednesday, July 20, 2016

From the suburbs of San Antonio

Hi y'all,

It has been another hot and great week here in Texas! 

On Wednesday I went on exchanges so I went with the Sister Training leader who is another area in San Antonio and her companion went with my companion and worked in our area. It was nice to be able to learn from her and see how I can improve as a missionary.  While I was there, we were able to meet a pizza delivery guy we just talked to him for a little bit and gave him a card with our phone number and a Book of Mormon.  Later that night we got a text from him saying how much he appreciated our genuine kindness.  I love being able to share the gospel with people and help brighten their day. 

The Pokémon thing is definitely a thing here too.  Jenna wrote about it in her email and called it the Zombie apocalypse. It definitely seems to be the new nation wide app sensation. From a missionary perspective all we see is small groups of teenage boys aimlessly walking around the neighborhood.  It is a pretty funny site.  I guess that it is good that it is getting people outside? Some people mentioned that one of our church buildings had pokemon. I joked with them that there were more inside.Winking face  There is another church that is right next to our building that has a sign that talks about Pokémon. I will try to take a picture of it soon. 



Love, 
Sister Olsen

Picture 1: Me with President and Sister Polley last week at zone conference
Picture 2: Me and Sister Jensen, the Sister Training Leader.  

No comments:

Post a Comment