Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Lindsey arrives in Texas, too bad her luggage didn't - AGH!

Hey y'all

I made it to Texas safe and sound, but not all of my stuff did. Long
story... my large suitcase fell out onto the middle of the road and so I
lost a lot of my clothes. So you could say that my first week started
out as an adventure...
We got to go down to Alamo on my first day here and meet/talk to the
people there. Then we were introduced to real Texas bbq and Bluebell
ice cream. So it was a fun introduction to Texas.

I am loving Texas. The people here are really nice. On Thursday I met
my new companion Sister Philpot, and we jumped in and started
teaching/ finding people to teach. We don't go door to door, instead
we go by a visit people who have met missionaries before. On
Saturday we got to see one of our recent converts get married and that
was super nice.

I am still trying to adjust to the heat and learning everybody's name
and while I am doing so I remember my favorite scripture 2 Nephi 31:20
" Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ,
having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men.
Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of
Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall
have eternal life"


No comments:

Post a Comment