Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Spring in Texas

March 6, 2017
Hi everyone!

This week was amazing! I was able to go to MLC (missionary leadership council). I drove up with Sister Philpot (my first companion in the field). She is so great. It is crazy how much has happened since we were companions. President Polley talked a lot about how we can work more with the members. He invited us to go with the members on ministering visits. I am so excited to start working more with the members to go on these visits. I know that there are so many blessings that will come as we go on these visits. 

This week we also have been using our recent converts more when we need people to drive us around and visit potentials. One blessing that I have seen is that we are able to help uplift them while we are driving around. We also are able to find more people to teach. After driving to a couple people last night, Yessenia said that she had a friend who she had been texting and was willing to have a lesson that night. So we drove back to the church and had a great first lesson with Jason. We were able to answer a lot of his questions and invited him to church next Sunday. He seems very sincere and I am excited to start working with him! 

At church yesterday a woman bore her testimony about how she was studying the scripture in Matthew in which the Savior teaches "My yoke is easy, and my burden is light". I know that the Savior is always there to help bear our burdens. This doesn't always means that life is easier. However, I have come to know that the really blessing comes from being yoked with the Savior. This is how we come to know him personally. I have become so much closer to my Savior as I have served here in Texas. I love it so much. I love the people so much it is crazy. I hope we will be able to continue find people so that they can draw closer to the Savior. 

Have a great week!

Sister Olsen 

March 13, 2017
Hi everyone!

This week was amazing. I was able to go on exchanges with Sister Wells
and Sister Dalling. Both are an amazing sisters. It was so much fun to
be with them and I learned so much from them. It interesting to me to
see how different each of the sisters are. Everyone of us has our own
individual strengths. I loved hearing how these sisters are using
their talents to bless their areas.

This week we got a call from the Stone Oak sisters. Apparently last
week when we went to In-N-out there was a man who saw us there. He was
thinking about investigating the church and when he saw us there he
knew it wasn't a coincidence. He referred himself to the missionaries
and the Sisters had an amazing lesson with him. It was a powerful
reminder to me that we have that we all have a much greater impact on
people then we see. Often times it is easy to think unless  you see
the results of your effort, that there isn't a positive outcome.
However that isn't faith. Faith is a "hope for things which are not
seen, which are true" (Alma 32:21) .  I would encourage y'all to
continue to seek to serve those around you. Know that no matter if you
see the positive effect or not, that you are making a difference.

The work here continues to be amazing. Sydney, our recent convert,
went to the temple to do Baptisms for the dead on Friday. She is so
great and it was excited to hear about what a wonderful experience she
had. I know that baptism is the first step that leads us to the
temple. I am so happy to see her continue to progress and to have her
eyes set on the temple.

Hope y'all have a great week!

Sister Olsen


March 20, 2017
Hi! 

Wow! So much has happened this week it is crazy. The week started off by working with Sister Holt for a day. She is a brand new missionary and is so amazing! She has such a sweet spirit and is an amazing missionary. We were able to talk to a lot of people. I enjoy being able to work with different sisters because I learn so much from each of them.

This week we also had a mini-missionary with us, meaning we had a Sister who is in High School and preparing to serve a mission come with us for 48hours. So we were in a trio for a little bit. Sister Nelson was great she has such a strong testimony and will make a great missionary one day. 

Saturday we had zone conference and Elder Christensen of the Presidency of the 70 spoke to us. He has the opportunity to work closely with the twelve apostles. He talked to us about how conversion is a process and how important it is to work side by side with the missionaries. 

We have a couple of new people that we are teaching right now. One of our investigators name is Betty she is a cute grandma who used to be in the Elder's area, but has moved into ours. We had a lesson with her this week and read in the Book of Mormon. She loved stopping and discussing the scriptures. Our other new investigators' name is Jose. He is friends with one of the YSA's. We taught him on Sunday and helped him understand that the blessings of the gospel come from acting. 

I know that Heavenly Father is always seeking to help us and that he does answer our prayers. I also know that if we really want his help we have to be willing to do what he asks us to do. I would invite y'all to seek the Lords counsel more in your daily life. Alma 37:37. 

Have a great week! 
Sister Olsen 

March 27, 2017
Hi everyone!

It was another great week! It started off by going on exchanges with Sister Garza. She is a new missionary.  I loved being with her for the day. She has so much energy and excitement. While I was with her, we met a man who was sitting in his car. We had knocked on his door a couple of weeks ago looking for someone else. He was excited to see us again. We talked to him briefly about the Book of Mormon and he was excited to receive a copy. Sister Humphries and I went back on Friday and taught him about the Restoration. Long story short, he has such a sincere desire to change and follow God's will. I am so excited to continue teaching him and to help him keep the commandments. I know that God gives us commandments because he loves us. 

It reminds me of the scripture Mosiah 2:41" moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it"

Other Highlights from the week:
1. We didn't realize that there was a meeting for the new missionaries the morning that we were going to exchange back. So we got to get up super early and drive out to the country at 6 am in the morning. 
2. I went on exchanges with Sister Jones. She goes on exchanges with all of the Sister Training leaders. It was nice to be able to learn from her and learn ways that I can help the sisters that I am over. 
3. We were able to go to women's conference with our investigator Betty. She is a grandma. It was fun to see her get to know the different people at the ice cream social before the conference. 

Have a great week!
Sister Olsen 


 Leadership conference pictures:








 Lunch at In and Out...Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment