Wednesday, March 1, 2017

February: Baptisms! Keeping her companion, but losing the mini-van.

February 13, 2017

Hi everyone!

It has been a great week. The weather has been perfect. It was a busy week! Sydney, who we met a week ago, is getting baptized this upcoming Friday! We have met with her about every other day with her in order to teach her all of the lessons. She is already familiar with them because her fellowship taught her about the gospel. She shared that at first she had questions about the commandments, but after searching the scriptures and praying she was able to understand the blessing that come from keeping the commandments. I know that the answers to our questions are in the scriptures! 

Last Sunday we had Kristal and her family come to church. The loved it so much and stayed for all three hours. We had a lesson with them this week with a member from the ward. They were so great to have in the lesson and were able to help connect how living the gospel blesses our families. We are working with Kristal to help her gain a testimony of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. I know that anyone who earnestly reads the Book of Mormon and asks if it is true will gain a testimony of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. Kristal seems really sincere in her searching so I look forward to continuing to help her. 

Also, Maggie, a woman that I taught in the very beginning of my mission is getting baptized tomorrow! When I first met her she was just barely learning about Jesus Christ. Everything we taught was brand new to her. It is amazing to see how far she has come. 

Have a great week,

Sister Olsen 

February 20, 2017
Hi everyone!

It has been an amazing week this week. 
Funny story: We were in a complex and asked to share a scripture with a man that I would call a "True Texan". He told us, " I defend the two lone star nations: Texas and Israel". Upon hearing that Sister Humphries was from California, he said, " So you are a flaming west coast Liberal". At the very least talking to everyone makes for funny conversations. 

I had the privilege to see two of my investigators get baptized this week! On Tuesday we were able to see Maggie get baptized! I enjoyed seeing the members that have been there supporting her the whole time as well as some of the other missionaries that taught her. She bore her testimony afterwards and it was simple and beautiful. Little by little she has gained a testimony of Jesus Christ and his gospel. She was so happy afterwards and said that she knew that she made the right choice. 

Sydney was baptized on Friday and then received the gift of the Holy Ghost on Sunday. ( The gift  of the Holy Ghost is the right to have the Spirit with us as long as we are choosing their right). She was so happy as well. Baptism is the way we start on the path back to our Heavenly Father. That path is what leads us to joy and happiness beyond our comprehension. I don't think I can adequately explain how happy I was so see Sydney make this step that I know will bring her so much joy. 

Sister Humphries and I will be working here for another transfer! I am so excited! Sister Humphries is an amazing missionary. I have learned so much from being with her. I look forward to another transfer with her in this Area! 

Hope everyone has a great week! 
Valentine's Day Picture

Sister Olsen 

February 27, 2017
Hi everyone! 

So like wrote last week, both Sister Humphries and I are staying. Debbie, the mom van, however was transferred to another area. We were using the mom van until are car got out of the shop, which was supposed to be on Feb 11. We are making the best of it. We have used this as an opportunity to work more with our members and to talk to more people as we are out walking.

 Cool person that we met this week: Brad Cornwall. He is an older man who has spent the last 6 or so years waving at all the cars that drive past on Redland road. He had some really cool stories about how he has made people's day and in some cases changed people's lives. It sounds like he has been on the news here, so lots of people know him. 

We had Sister Polley, the mission president's wife, come out with us for the evening. It was so great to be able to work with her and learn from her. She is a great example of how we can talk to everyone. We also went out with a young woman from a nearby Ward on Saturday. The weather was nice and we were able to talk to so many people! We were able to hand out a couple  Book of Mormons. 

This week I also received the assignment to be a Sister Training leader. It means that I will work more with other sisters nearby and help train them in their missionary work. It is exciting and also very humbling. I know that I will be able to learn so much from the sisters that I will work with. 

I love my mission and I love the Lord. I know that he is always there for us and if we turn to him we can grow and reach our divine potential.

Have a great week! 

Sister Olsen 

Saying goodbye to "Debbie"

No comments:

Post a Comment